Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Class!

I'm getting all pumped again. Our family was finally together for a short time & everyone's happy and well vacationed! I have a class in Nipigon on December 1 and I'm so tickled about the projects. I've been getting much better at speeding up the Make & Takes at each workshop and I think everyone's enjoying that. My two projects for the class are super quick but look pretty sharp!
Here they are:
Glass ornaments are from Micheal's and I put an acetate circle inside. I left a little notch up at the top of the acetate circle to keep it from moving inside the globe. The snowflakes, from the Snowburst set, were stamped in white craft ink on the acetate and heat embossed with white. Tie a red gingham ribbon on top & you're done! How cool is that!

The card uses the polka dot paper from the Dashing DSP, a card base of Real Red & uses Old Olive for the matting. The tree is from "Lovely as a Tree" and was stamped in Old Olive. I used a Close to Cocoa marker to accent the tree trunk. The photo corner is River Rock CS and I used the piercing template & an Old Olive marker to draw circles on it. To make them dimensional, I dropped a dot of crystal effects on each circle. Next I pierced around the the matted tree. Finally, I punched an Old Olive 1 1/4" circle and stamped the "Merry Christmas" from the Party Punch set in Real Red and Old Olive. I punched out the Real Red image with 1" circle punch and the center of the Old Olive image with the 1/2" circle. Stuck all the circles together and finished the card! So pretty!

I can't believe my site's almost at a thousand hits! Thanks for all the visits!

No comments: