Wednesday, November 14, 2007

In-Laws' Birthday Cards

As is usually the case, my newest card is my MOST favourite one! These cards are the most totally gorgeous things ever! My in-laws' birthdays are only two weeks apart. The first is my mother-in-law's & the second is my father-in-law's. Both cards are based on Beate's October Stamp Club.
This first card was inspired by the Porcelain Prints DSP. I love the colors in this paper! The card base is 5 1/4" square and made from Not Quite Navy CS. The base was matted with Wild Wasabi & the top portion was stamped in Wild Wasabi with the leaves from the Wild Rose set. The bottom corners were clipped with the 1/2" circle punch because I don't have the ticket corner punch. Next the two pieces of DSP were cut & the smaller one matted on Not Quite Navy. Both pieces were faux stitched using the Not Quite Navy marker. The focal piece's leaves were stamped on Very Vanilla CS and matted with River Rock & Not Quite Navy. The rose was stamped with Blue Bayou & Not Quite Navy, then cut out & attached with a Stampin' Dimensional. The leaves were done in Wild Wasabi, but I stamped off once for the first leaf stamp. The dots around the rose were made with the piercing template and the Not Quite Navy marker. The ribbon is from last year's Ribbon Originals and the sentiment uses last year's Warmest Regards hostess set. I stamped the sentiment in Not Quite Navy on textured River Rock and punched it out the the 1 1/4" circle punch. It's matted with the 1 3/8" circle punched from Wild Wasabi and a large oval punched from Not Quite Navy CS. All the brads are from the vintage set. Under the brads at the top are 1/4" circles punched from River Rock.

This card is much closer to Beate's card. I only switched the bear for a reflected moose. The card is 5 1/4" square again. The Really Rust base is stamped with the small & large medallions
from the Wanted set as well as the Canvas background stamp in Really Rust ink. The moose in the center is from the Yukon set that's discontinued. I inked it with Chocolate Chip craft ink & then rolled my Brayer over it. Then I rolled the Brayer over Very Vanilla CS to transfer the reverse image. Next I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the "real" moose. This was matted on Chocolate Chip CS and embellished with a photo corner of Really Rust & vintage brads. The green paper behind is from the Outlaw series of DSP, but I'd used all my Sage & Chocolate paper so I stamped the medallion in Chocolate Chip on the plain Sage paper from the same package. Next I drew the lines between images with a Chocolate Chip marker. This was also matted on Chocolate Chip CS. I used the buckle & brads from the Pewter set of Hodgepodge Hardware with the middle size of twill tape and attached it over my Sage Shadow paper. Finally I stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the All Holidays set in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla paper, cut it into a strip & trimmed each end with the 3/4" circle punch.

I keep emoting about theses cards :) I can't believe how classy the larger square cards look! Until another day then...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are very pretty cards!!!I LOVE your blog and will have many happy returns!!!!TFS