Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mitten Strings

Good morning again! This is another of my older cards from my stash that I think is pretty cool. I really like the hanging pair of mittens. The card base is Brocade Blue and the background is done with the Snowflake wheel in white ink. The long string of mittens is stamped on Whisper White with black ink & colored with the Stampin' Pastels and a blender pen. The central image is matted with a larger piece of Mellow Moss which is folded over the top & ripped. I used white crochet cotton to wrap around the top & then tied a bow. This is mounted on a piece of So Saffron. Last step was to stamp two of the larger mittens on Whisper White, color them with Stampin' Pastels & blender pen and cut them out. I took another piece of crochet cotton, tied a loop in the center & attached each end to the cut out mittens. Attached them to the card & your done! Funny how your tastes change each season. I still think this is a cute card, but I don't think I'd come up with it now. Well, happy evolving all you stampers :)

No comments: