Thursday, November 15, 2007

Little Cards & the Tab Punch

These two little cards are my take on a samples I saw on the Stampin' Up site from one of the confrences. They're very cool, showing the use of many punches :) Both cards are 3x3.

The fall card has a Pumpkin Pie CS card base and the front is covered with a piece from the Close to Cocoa Pattern Prints DSP. The circle in the front of the card is made using the Tab punch. Punch the first tab by placing the front of the card as far into the punch as it will go. Next turn the card 90 degrees, put the paper in as far as it will go and punch again. Because the bottom of the tab is rounded, you end up with a nice circle when you punch twice. As a bonus, you end up with two nice tabs you can use on something else :) Next step is a scalloped circle punched from the same Close to Cocoa Pattern Prints DSP, in a different pattern from the card front. Punch a 1 3/8" circle from Close to Cocoa CS & stamp an acorn from the All Through the Year set onto Very Vanilla. To get the multicolor acorn I coloured the stamp with Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Close to Cocoa markers. Punch the acorn out with the 1 1/4" circle punch & attache all the circles together. Attach that to the inside of the card in the center of your punched circle. To embellish, I stamped "for you" from the All Holiday set in Close to Cocoa onto a little strip of Very Vanilla CS and rounded the end with my 3/4" circle punch. I punched a little hole in the end with my 1/16" punch and strung a piece of crochet cotton through it. Last, but not least, I tied a little piece of hemp around the side of the card & attached my tag. Fabulous, if I do say so my self :)

This Chirstmas one is even easier! The card base is Real Red and the patterned paper on the front is from the Dashing set of DSP. The circle in the center is punched the same as above and then I stamped two of the flowers from the In the Spotlight set in Real Red on Very Vanilla CS. Next I punched them out with the flower punch. I layer the two together and secured it with a vintage brad. The scallop is punched from Dashing DSP & the flower is attached with a Stampin' Dimensional. Finished! Wasn't that quick? So love the repeating polka dots on this card :)

Thanks for looking... you should leave a comment :) (that's very subtle, subliminal messaging...)

No comments: