Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Baby Started School!

Today's a big day! My oldest son started Junior kindergarten... he's so excited! He loves his lunchbox and thinks his teacher is the most wonderful person on the planet :) Wonder how long that'll last.

My stamping project for today is an older one. My downline & I made this card just after I came back from the Stampin' Up! convention in Denver. It uses the Faux Metal technique. This is a 3x3 card made from textured Wild Wasabi paper and has the swirls from Baroque Motifs heat embossed in black. The sentiment is embossed in silver and the faux metal embelishment is attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. To make the embelishment I took a small square of white CS and covered it with versamark. Next I heat embossed the whole think with silver. Inked the whole thing again with versamark & this time, while the second layer of silver embossing powder was still hot, I pressed the "flower" stamp from Baroque Motifs into it. Once it was cooled I cut around it and attached a black brad in the center. It's a super cute card, really quick and shows off the technique perfectly! Sometimes I love how things turn out if you're just playing around.

Last note for the post today, I'm hosting a scrapbooking night @ my place one Friday night per month. There are still 2 spots available for anyone who's interested. You're welcome to call for drop ins if there's room. $10 per night. Dates are:
September 28, 2007
October 19, 2007
November 23, 2007
December 14, 2007
January 25, 2008
February 22, 2008
March 21, 2008
April 18, 2008
May 23, 2008
June 20, 2008

Christmas Stamp-a-Stack is $17 (12 cards - 4 designs) also has a couple spots free.
October 26, 2007

Don't forget October 6 is National Card Making Day :) Make a card for the fun of it!

1 comment: