Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ramblings...

Good day! I was working on some sympathy cards last night so I'll have a few to show you in the next day or two :) Only problem is, some of them use Baroque Motifs again (hee hee *sigh*) Even today's project has Baroque Motifs too... BUT... I managed to find one that doesn't! The projects today are from my hostess gift package. At the beginning of September I had a hostess only thank you night. Each of my hostesses from last year were invited and were allowed to bring one friend. Each hostess got a little gift package. As well, I showed them some of the new merchandise, my swaps & pictures from convention and we did 2 make & takes. It was an awsome party! Lots of people, but fun.

The first picture here are the coupons, each good for a one month period. I printed my coupons from Word on a colour printer & then cut them down to size, leaving one end for binding. Next I masked the binding end and stamped my Baroque Motif in chocolate chip, using the Stamp-a-ma-Jig. Next I use the cutter tool to make perferations on each coupon. To bind them, I cut a piece of Bashful blue slightly larger than the coupon with enough left over on the end to fold & staple. Before stapling, I unbent one end of the staple and strung on some beads. I pierced holes throught the whole thing, placed the staple in the holes and then bend them over by hand. This was a little annoying but afterwards I thought it was defintely worth it :) Last step was the little flower from Baroque Motifs, stamped in chocolate chip. Everyone was so impressed...



One of the other gifts in the hostess package was a set of 3x3 mini cards. I wanted to show them how easy it was to make cute cards using only 1 stamped image & 1 accent. These cards are all made from the Fun & Fast Notes we got at convention. Each image is stamped on whisper white with Basic Black ink.

The Baby card is Barely Banana matted with So Saffron. I just coloured the image with a So Saffron marker. The scallops underneath the image are 3/4" circles with 1/16" holes punched in the center. I stuck them on behind the mat & trimmed off the extra. The one accent is a button strung with white crochet cotton.

The Birthday card is Lovely Lilac & Pixie Pink. The image is coloured with watercolour pencil crayons. I dry embossed the circles down the side with the Crop-a-Dile and used my piercing template to line them up. My one accent for this card is Dazzling Diamonds. I used my glue pen on the embossed circles and the icing of the cake & sprinkled with glitter :)

Last, but not least, the Christmas card was made with textured Wild Wasabi. The image was coloured with ink & blender pen and the one accent was a piece of red gingham ribbon.

Aren't they cute???? (maybe Stinkin' Cute?) I packaged them together with envelopes in a cello bag. I wasn't crazy about 3x3 until convention. We made the cutest cards in the Watercolor class. It totally changed my mind. (of course my mind is always so firm too... and I'm never persuadable)

Hope you're inspired or tickled or something after all this expounding :) Leave me a message if you can.

No comments: