Friday, January 25, 2008

Rub Ons, Rub Ons! I love Rub Ons!

I'm not sure why, but I love rub ons. When they first became popular a couple of years ago, I couldn't get enough. Now that Stampin' Up! offers them, I'm in heaven!!! I got the new Occations mini catalogue the day before yesterday & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE almost everything in it. More rub ons of course :) The demonstrator pre-order doesn't start until Feb 1, so I'll have to pretend I have patience until then.

Today I'll share some of my Rub-Ons cards....
This card is full-on RubOn usage!! I was looking at the Eastern Elegance RubOns just after I'd used the Three for You punch. I noticed that some of the rub-ons would fit inside the flower shape... hmmm... I just received my Flower Fusion felt flowers yesterday and noticed that they too matched the shape of the Three for You flowers. *Light bulb*.... wonder how well rub-ons work with felt?? Appently they work fine! It's a little harder than paper, but not much :) Next thought... what paper matches this flower? Bali Breeze! Hence the gorgeous card is born. The line of rub-ons with the three flowers rubbed over top was picked up from the new Occasions Mini catalogue.


My 4 yr old son helped me with the flower & brads and then had a great time making a large selection of stacked felt flowers with brads through them :) I can scrap & stamp with my son now!! Oh the stars have aligned themselves wonderfully {grin}.


I've also been working on Valentine cards. One card (that I'll post after Valentine's day) uses ribbon with rub-on over it. As you see below :)

I cut the two pieces of ribbon, transfered the Rub Ons and then tied them in a knot. Folded each end over the card front & Ta Da!! Pretty new ribbon :)

Last but not least is another Valentines day card. I CASE'd and altered the layout from Beate. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/643013?cat=500&ppuser=458 I'm developing a "thing" for large square cards :) This is also the first time I've used one of my hat pins. Not sure why, but I didn't really like them at first. They've grown on me.
Ingredients:
Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Love Me DSP (discontinued) - paper; Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red - ink; All Through the Year, Canvas - stamp sets; Rose Red marker, corner rounder, 1" circle punch 1/2" circle punch, Crafters' Toolkit, Pretties Kit, white grograin ribbon, Cherished Memories Rub Ons - accessories;
Despite it being very *pink*, I think I'll give this one to my husband :)

No comments: