Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Sweet Old Cards

For National Card Making Day, I'm having a party in Nipigon (a little town about an hour from home), so most of this week has been getting ready for that. I'll share some of that later :) Instead I've been going through some of my favorite old cards. This is another old card that I love. I was sooooooooo sad when Like it a Latte was not in the big catalogue!!!!! I love this set!
This card is made on a silver CS base. The white background is stamped with Pretty in Pink candy canes & spritzed with Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink & Barely Banana and edged with Regal Rose ink, direct to paper. The "Sweet!" is stamped in silver ink. The pink ribbon is layer on top of another piece of silver CS. The cup is embossed in silver EP & cut out. The whip cream is stamped in Barely Banana & embossed with clear EP. Next I used the Versa Marker to color in the whip cream & embossed that with white EP. Finally, I glued on the soft subtles beads for candy sprinkles. All of this is layered on whisper white CS spritzed the same as the background, Pretty in Pink CS, Regal Rose CS and Barely Banana CS.
What a yummy card! I normally don't do a lot of pink, but this card just seemed to say PINK & CANDY to me :) I saw these stainless steel espresso cups at a specialty kitchen store & loved them! I think that's why I decided to do the silver embossed cup on this card. You can find inspiration anywhere. You know you're truely addicted when every item around becomes an idea for a card or a page... hee hee.

No comments: