Thursday, November 13, 2008

More Christmas Card Parties :)

These were the Make & Takes I chose to make for my last party. The skaters was from the last Stampin' Success Magazine & I knew I wanted to make it as soon as I saw it. I'm so totally in love with the Winter Post set. Can't wait to use the "Post Card" stamp on a scrapbook page too!!!
Ingredients:
Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White - paper; Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, VersaMark - ink; Winter Post, Occasions Collection (hostess)- stamp sets; Alpine Ribbon Originals, Mini Library clips - accessories;

I saw a card using Lovely As a Tree and chalking the green to make it look like it was glowing but the paper & layout was different. When I first got the Holiday Treasures DSP I didn't think I'd ever use this crazy pointsetta paper but as soon as I looked at the sample I mentioned above, I knew this would be perfect!

Ingredients:
Old Olive, Ruby Red, Confetti Cream, Holiday Treasure DSP - paper; Old Olive, Chocolate Chip - ink; Lovely as a Tree - stamp set; Ticket corner punch, 5-petal flower punch, Felt Fusion Too, green rhinestone brad, sponge dauber, Stampin' Pastels, Chocolate Chip marker, Ruby Red marker, pop-up glue dots - accessories;

Lately I've fallen in love with the confetti cream paper. I'm totally into vintage stuff and anything made with confetti cream & chalked, automatically looks vintage! This last card feels kinda quilt-ish to me :) Love the gingham paper too :) The tree was inked mostly in Old Olive but I used the Chocolate Chip marker to color the trunk and after I'd stamped it, I used the fine tip of the marker to add a little more brown to the trunk & branches. I also added random dots to the tree with the Ruby Red marker after all the chalking was done.

1 comment:

Little Miss Nobody said...

I like the tree card, also I like the reindeer noses from your last post - pretty cute! How're things going? See you in 2 weeks!