Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Fall Wedding Card

One of my co-workers asked for a wedding card... here's what I came up with. The old hostess set with "TOGETHER" is one of my favourites for weddings and anniversaries. The gold embossing makes it a little harder to read but I really like the look. Something about weddings and dry embossed papers just go together for some reason. I pulled out my trusty piercing template and covered a piece of vanilla cardstock with polka dots. Although it's somewhat time consuming I haven't broken down & bought a cuttlebug yet :) I had decided before I started that this leaf set was perfect for the style I wanted I wasn't sure if I wanted solid stamping, watercolour or some other technique for the leaves. After some exprimenting & the decision to use brushed gold for the card base. I decided on solid stamping with little bits of gold embossing on the leaves. After stamping & cutting out the leaves I used my VersaMarker to trace little bits of the leaf veins, rubbed the edges of the leaves on my VersaMark pad & then embossed in gold. I think it was just the touch I was looking for.

Ingredients:

Brushed gold, Very Vanilla - paper; Ruby Red, Old Olive, Really Rust, More Mustard, VersaMark - ink; Autumn Leaf Prints, discontinued hostess set - stamp sets; gold brads, old embossing powder, scallop edge punch, piercing template, embossing stylus, VersaMarker - accessories;

No comments: