Monday, June 2, 2008

My New Nephew

I'm going to have a new nephew in the next few weeks, so I thought I'd try to be ahead of the game. I saw a similar card done by Beate and totally loved it for a baby card. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/656670?cat=500&ppuser=458
Here's my take. Ingredients:

Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi Prints DSP - paper; Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Black StazOn - ink; Event Full(discontinued Hostess Set) - stamp set; white gel pen, aqua painter, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, silver brads, matt pack, Non-SU rub-on, Coluzzle, slit punch, 1/2" circle punch - accessories;

I wasn't sure about the colour combo but I really like how it turned out! After cutting my circles with the Coluzzle, I used the slit punch to make the scallops around the outside. I like the way the two patterns of Wild Wasabi break up the layout but keep the same colour. I think I'll try this again on another card.

1 comment:

Bonnie B. said...

What a neat idea for a Baby Card!!!
When is his expected arrival??
Bonnie B.