Tuesday, March 4, 2008

That Gorgeous Shell Set!

This is the one set in the Spring/Summer Catalogue that I HAD to have. I think it's sooo gorgeous! This was my first attempt with the set.
The card base is textured Creamy Caramel. The background is Soft Sky with Cheesecloth (discontinued) stamped on it. I matted a strip of Groovy Guava Prints DSP on Groovy Guava card stock and put three vintage brads on the end. I used Confetti White card stock and stamp the conch in Creamy Carmel. Next I watercolored it using ink & aqua painter. I used Groovy Guava & Blush Blossom ink. To improve the clarity, I stamped the conch again over top in Creamy Caramel. The Stamp-a-ma-jig was necessary for that!! Next I cut my image into tiles and mounted them on a rectangle of Groovy Guava. (This took a while! Make sure you glue down your tiles as you cut so you don't mix them up!) Finally I made a photo corner from creamy caramel & a label. The label was created from the Circle of Friendship set. I stamped it in Groovy Guava & in Creamy Caramel, then punched them out and adhered together. I punched a 1 1/4" circle of Groovy Guava & a large oval of Soft Sky. Added two more vintage brads & finished!

I think I need to add some piercing to the photo corner, but overall I think it's pretty :)

No comments: