Monday, February 18, 2008

Fleur-de-Lis

One of my co-workers asked for some thank you cards. Here's one of them. I think it's cool. Different than what I usually make, but I like it. I feel so guilty when I have a stamp that I don't use much. This Fleur-de-lis was in an old hostess set, Timeworn Trim. I think I've only used it once or twice before. Love it with the Le Jardin DSP!

On this card I used Textured Bashful Blue for the card base, gold metallic & Very Vanilla paper of the matting & Le Jardin DSP. The lighter blue DSP in the background was distressed by inking the edges with Bashful Blue. As usual, since I don't have the ticket corner punch, I used the 1/2" circle punch for the corners. I decided to only add the brad on the inside tickets because I think it makes the center portion stand out more. The scalloped circle was punched from gold metallic paper & the center circle was made with two different stamps. In the Timeworn Trim set is a scrolly square which I stamped in Bashful Blue. Next I heat embossed the Fleur-de-lis in gold over top and punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle punch. Finished off the card by embossing the "Thanks" in gold and adding some blue taffeta ribbon.

Quite a French, formal looking card, don't you think? After looking up how to spell Fleur-de-lis I had to read all about where the symbol came from, etc. It was interesting stuff. Apparently there's some contraversory over which flower it was actually derived from, an iris or a lily. Who knew?

No comments: