Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Baby Food Jar


When my boys were on baby food, it seemed such a crime to throw away all those jars! I eventually started recycling them, but I saved one box for "I could make something with that!" This is one such "something". As I've mentioned before, I'm crazy about Rub Ons. When the new catalogue came out, I loved all the glass objects decorated with rub ons, so I had to make one of my own. For this project the green twill on the lid was stitched and gathered. I also discovered that it's possible to color white rub ons with the Stampin' Up! markers.

Here's a close up of the coloring:

Ingredients:

Bali Breeze DSP, Whisper White, Rose Red - paper; Old Olive, Rose Red - ink; Circle of Friendship, Baroque Motifs, All Holiday - stamp sets; Eastern Elegance Rub Ons, Old Olive marker, Rose Red marker, Jersey Ribbon Originals, Lg tag punch, Sm tag punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, sticky strip, white crochet cotton - accessories;

The finishing touch was the turquoise candy. I hunted through the bulk candy @ the grocery store to find the perfect color of candy... Stamping can even effect your grocery shopping :)

No comments: