Friday, January 13, 2012

Going Card Happy

I haven't really stamped in ages, so this card was really fun.  This set (Like it a Latte, Retired) is one of my absolute favourites :)  I was browsing the Stampin' Up! catalogue and saw a card with a layout similar to this and loved the way another card had used white embossing on a Crumb Cake background.  The ribbon is from a candle but I loved it so much it got added to my scrap stash :)  This card was for my boarder's 21st birthday.   
This is the birthday card I made for my neice's 3rd birthday.  It was such a great idea in my head but it took ages before it started to look the way it did in my head!  This card was mostly made from Sweet and Leafy leftovers with the addition of a Stampin' Up! stamp, ribbon and some punches.



These two cards were the matching boy/girl baby cards I made for the new babies in my life :)  Toni had an adorable baby girl, Sophia and my sister-in-law just had a little boy, Noland.  I'm very excited to see him but he's on the other side of the country :(  Both of these cards were made with Alphabet Soup leftovers.





This card, made for my nephew's 6th birthday, really cracked me up.  It was super fast and easy because the front is mostly just a die cut.  The inside says "Somebody heard you had cake..."  The googly eye and chomp out the side really tickle me.  This card was made with leftovers again... "Stomp"

And last but not least... an anniversary card.  My aunt and uncle were married 25 years at the beginning of January.  This card was made from My Mind's Eye "Oh, la, la" collection.  The flourish template along the bottom is my favourite stitching template!  I have plans to do a class at "Scrap for Heart" in February, making a mini book with different stitching techniques.  This template will have to be part of it for sure. 

Hope you've enjoyed these projects... Happy Scrappin'!

No comments: