Sunday, July 11, 2010

End of Year Teacher Gifts Part I

My oldest son had three teachers last year, my younger son had both a teacher & multiple daycare caregivers & they have a bus driver. Thank you gifts were a bit complicated this year :)

In an attempt to keep the price down as well as give a nice gift, I decided I would make "school year" calanders that started in July and ended in June. I wasn't sure what to use as a calendar base but I found some great 12 x 12 cork tiles at Wal-Mart. I could slice them down the middle with an exacto knife & have perfect 12 x 6 bases for my calenders. I also made cards but I'll share those in another post :)

Here's the calendar

I think it turned out great & even with all the embellishments, I think they cost around $10 each. I printed the month tags from Word & then stamped the month name, some decorative stamps & distress ink on each tag. It's a little difficult to see but 10 of the tags have white circle "reinforcements" around the hole at the top. I really think this little added bit, with the distress ink, made the tags. The big flower to the right was made by punching a scalloped circle, poking a hole to mark the center & then snipping down from each side of the scallops towards the poked center.

No comments: